[cmake-developers] New Generator for Keil uVision

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 12 11:43:39 EST 2014

On 11/12/2014 04:30 AM, Marco wrote:
> But obviously there is no generator for uVision. Here comes the
> fun part: I am going to implement a generator for it :-)

Great!

> I am looking for higer-level starting-point.
[snip]
> - Multiproject Workspace: Kind of like a VisualStudio-solution.

The example layout you gave looks just like the VS IDE project
file layout, assuming that there is one .uvproj file for each
exe/lib/custom target.  You should model the generator based off
the VS >= 10 generator works:

cmGlobalVisualStudio10Generator
  One for the whole tree, generates the .sln file

cmLocalVisualStudio10Generator
  One per directory (CMakeLists.txt)

cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator
  One per logical target (exe, lib, etc.), generates .vcxproj file