[cmake-developers] vs-nsight-tegra-generator topic

Mourad Boufarguine bouffa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:11:24 EDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> This topic introduces support for generating VS project files
> for the NVIDIA Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition, which then
> builds for Android.  I've merged it to 'next' for testing:

Hi Brad,

I am really excited to see Nsight Tegra VS support being added to CMake, it
will certainly help me (and others for sure) save so much some configuring
manually my Android projects.

Actually, few days ago I gave the patches you sent to the developer list
back in July [1] a try. I had to make some dirty tweaks into the CMake code
to make it build an Android application (java + native).

So, today I tried the next branch with the new NSight stuff. It seems more
accomplished than [1], but still doesn't work for me out of the box: I get
an error when trying to link to an android "system" library (like GLESv1_CM
, android, etc..). To reproduce the problem :

target_link_libraries(myAndroidProject GLESv1_CM)

I get this error when trying to build my Android application :

1>  (...)/arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.bfd.exe: cannot find -l-lGLESv1_CM

Please note the double "-l" in front of the library name. I took a look to
the VS project properties, and found that in Linker>Input tab, in the
"Additional Dependencies" the library name is prefixed by '-l' :

-lGLESv1_CM

Obviously, removing the leading '-l' in the VS project property window
solves the problem (until the project gets generated again by CMake).

Minor considerations:

By comparing the generated vcxproj files with the manually configured ones
I noticed these minor differences (I can't tell whether these have any
consequences on the build)

* Java files are declared using JCompile xml tags instead of None tags
(using cmake)
* some special files are declared using AndroidBuild xml tags
(AndroidManifest.xml, build.xml, project.properties, proguard.cfg,
res\values\strings.xml ...)

My 2 cents, keep up the good work.
Mourad

[1]