[Cmake] Adding linker flags in CMakeLists.txt

Bill Hoffman bill . hoffman at kitware . com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:51:50 -0400

There are two variables that can be set:

SET (CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS ${CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS_INIT} $ENV{LDFLAGS}
     CACHE STRING "Flags used by the linker during the creation of dll's.")

# module linker flags
SET (CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS ${CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS_INIT} $ENV{LDFLAGS}
     CACHE STRING "Flags used by the linker during the creation of modules.")

For a single library, you can also do this:

SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(foo PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS -Wl,-specialFlag)

-Bill