[CMake] Why prefer ADD_SUBDIRECTORY to SUBDIRS ?

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Aug 9 12:29:10 EDT 2007

I;m sure you'll get a better answer ...but as I recall, ADD_SUBDIRECTORY
processes the subdir at the time it is called, whereas SUBDIRS pushes
the dirs onto a list which is processed at the end of the current
cmakelists file - this is the old behaviour and some vars are
initialized 'out of order'  -or at least in unexpected order

JB

John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php