[CMake] Trouble with CMake + Eclipse + SVN/CVS

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Oct 17 04:37:39 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am having trouble when I try to use Subversion or CVS in Eclipse in
a CMake-generated project. I am using the latest CMake CVS and I have
tried the following three scenarios:

A) Out-of-tree build: have a 'myapp' directory, create a 'myapp-build'
directory at the same level and run 'cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix
Makefiles ../myapp'

B) In-tree build, not messing files: have a 'myapp' directory, create
a 'myapp/build' directory and run 'cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix
Makefiles ..'

C) In-tree build, messing files: Have a 'myapp' directory and run
'cmake -G "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles .'

So far the only scenario I have been able to use Subversion
successfully has been scenario C, which is not desirable as cleaning
the tree is a pain in the ass.

In scenario A, the Eclipse navigator shows the source files in 'myapp'
and the CMakeLists.txt files but Team -> Share Project -> SVN does not
allow me to import the source files, CMakeLists.txt, etc into the
repository. I guess it is not Subclipse's fault as the same thing
happens for CVS.

In scenario B, the Eclipse navigator does not show the source files,
CMakeFiles.txt, etc in 'myapp' but only the files under 'myapp/build'.
In addition to that, Eclipse shows an error at the end of the import
process and it is only possible to add files under 'myapp/build' a CVS
or SVN repository.

In scenario C, everything works fine except CMake-generated files and
source files are mixed.

Is it possible to use CVS or SVN from Eclipse in a CMake-generated
project in scenarios A or B?

Thank you.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles