[CMake] Patch for Eclipse generator

a.neundorf-work at gmx.net a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Oct 19 09:45:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Friday 19 October 2007 01:18, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I told yesterday, here comes a patch for the Eclipse CDT4 generator
> available in the current CVS version of CMake.
>
> Although I have not extensively tested it, the works fine. In addition
> to the in-tree build which has always worked, this patch allows you to
> have 'myapp' and 'myapp/build' or 'myapp' and 'myapp-build' at the
> same level:
>
> mydir/myapp
> mydir/myapp/build
>
> or
>
> mydir/myapp
> mydir/myapp-build
>
> The patch breaks the CMake way of doing thing, as it writes the
> Eclipse project files (.project and .cproject) in the source directory
> even in an out-of-tree build.
>
> Tomorrow I'll try to implement a new property, or look at the value of
> a variable, to make it possible to use the pure-CMake style (.project
> and .cproject in the generated-files directory) or the
> Eclipse-required style (.project and .cproject in the source directory).
>
> Please try it and send your comments to the list or to me.

Just to make sure I understand:
with this patch the two eclipse project files are always created in the source
tree, right ?

What happens if you try to create two buildtrees for one source tree, which
problems may appear ?

This makes cvs/svn work directly on the files in this project tree, right ?

Are still linked resources created ?

Can the build tree be anywhere in the system or does it have to be one of the
two locations named above ? What happens if it is somewhere else ?

Bye
Alex