[CMake] some basic questions

Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com
Fri Aug 8 08:52:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have some probably easy to answer questions, nevertheless I found no answer on the web yet. And I dont want to start separate threads because I think there will be one word only answers :)

* can CMake handle multiple make processes or any other strategy to make use of multiple processors?
  Does that depend on the underlying build system? I use VS8, nmake and make..

* is there a way to surpress echoing the command line instructions?
  I have already set CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE to OFF but this works for me only with
  the Make target but not with KDevelop3 or nmake

* does anyone know a nice IDE for windows (e.g. visual studio) which can handle CMake output
  and cross compiling (cross compiling doesn't work for Visual Studio, does it?)

Thanks,
Frans

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.