[CMake] OpenSceneGraph Find Modules

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 14:23:35 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 2:09 PM, Luigi Calori <l.calori at cineca.it> wrote:

> I would also prefer to have one single FindOpenSceneGraph that finds and
> configure the different libraries that comprise OSG.

Such an attitude can carry a strong Linux bias.  I ran into that
difficulty with Chicken Scheme when importing SDL modules.  The SDL
import was monolithic, pulling in lotsa 3rd party packages that are
typically used with SDL but not strictly required.  If any of the
packages is missing the build breaks.  I don't mean gracefully
excludes an unavailable package, I mean it keels over and dies.  This
doesn't trouble Linux users because they typically press a few buttons
and start downloading standardized, well-tested packages.  Including
everything and the kitchen sink isn't a big deal to a Linux user.  But
for a Windows user, there simply aren't colossal standard archives of
libraries floating around.  Every dependency has to be grabbed by
hand.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every