[CMake] Fwd: I am writing a "for-WINCE" new cmGlobalVisualStudio8WinceGenerator()

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Mon Jan 7 04:44:16 EST 2008

Victor Huang a écrit :
> Hi, Guys,
>
> I am designing a new ::cmGlobalVisualStudio8WinceGenerator(), which
> customizes certain setting from cmGlobalVisualStudio8Generator() {
> this v8
>  has hardcored a lot of WinPC stuffs, stopping any WINCE setting
> from anywhere (cache, CMakeSetup, CMAKE_XXXX command inside
> CMakeLists.txt etc) ), so a new WINCE generator is required.
>
> Who will like to help here?
>
> So just wait, I will have a powerful weapon into your hand for a big
> game for all you guys!   :)
>
> Thanks,
> Victor.
Hello,

I think that the best way to implement WinCE support is to modify the
Visual Studio 8 generator itself. The feature should be "add custom
platforms and configurations" to VS8.
The issue is the hardcoded things, developping a new generator to
override these things by new hardcoded stuff is a dead end.

--Sylvain