[CMake] [CMake/CPack] empty debian package

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 02:21:16 EDT 2008

2008/3/28, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
>  > Yes, that was reported by me as bug
>  > http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=4993 in May last year.
>  >
>  > There is actually a simple patch to get absolute paths to work for CPack
>  > (see above bug report), but no action has been taken on that yet.
>  >

> Actually, it is fixed in 2.6 beta, I just never closed the bug.  If you
>  set CPACK_SET_DESTDIR to ON in your CPack config file, then DESTDIR will
>  be used.

I would like to add that this should REALLY be the DEFAULT behavior, because
if it is not when you build your package you may end-up EFFECTIVELY
installing part of your package when only building it.

At least when requiring cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6).

I personnally would break backward compat' on this.

I wasn't able to add comment or attach file on the

because (may be) the bug is closed.

--
Erk