[CMake] Eclipse CDT 5.x and cmake 2.6.x

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Tue Aug 4 23:19:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Dim wrote:
> Hi group!
>
> I'm using cmake 2.6.x. I understand that it supports Eclipse CDT 4.x. Does
> it implicitly supports CDT 5.x or CDT 6.x?
>
> Thanks
> Dima

When I worked in the CDT generator I wasn't (and still am not)
familiar with the release cycle or the design constraints of the CDT,
hence the name includes CDT4 thinking it might not be compatible with
the future versions. However, as another user points out people have
successfully used it with CDT 5/6.

So, as long as the CDT doesn't break the xml format for external
makefiles you should be able to use it.

--Miguel