[CMake] MSVC7.1 static link question

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Mon Feb 9 12:39:24 EST 2009

I' m quite a newbie in static linking, I would like to combine two lib
into one:
say libtiff needs libjpeg and zlib
If you generate them separately, then when you build an executable that
needs libtiff, you have to link also libjpeg and zlib otherwise unref
happens
It is possible, under VisualStudio interface, to specify libjpeg.lib and
zlib.lib as Additional Dependencies
This way (even if the linker show warnings as duplicate symbols) I
obtain a libtiff that can be used alone.
My question is: can I obtain the same result with cmake?
I' ve tried to use TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES, that is perfecly working for
exe and SHARED linkage but no success: the
vs project has always the Additional Dependencies field empty.

Am I completely missing something?

Thanks in advance
                               Luigi Calori