[CMake] CMake 2.6-3.app and version numbers in .app name

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Feb 24 19:19:54 EST 2009

Hi all,

Back in early April 2008 we debated whether CMake's .app should be named
simply "CMake.app" or something with the version number, like "CMake
2.6-3.app".

I just updated from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3, and went to rebuild my VTK.  It now says:

/bin/sh: /Applications/CMake 2.6-2.app/Contents/bin/cmake: No such file
or directory

Indeed this path appears in my CMakeCache.txt.  Not sure why.  I always
use CMake via my symlinks in /usr/local/bin.

I don't know if the 2.6.3 installer got rid of 2.6.2 or I did (I
forget), but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to others.

I just tried configuring a fresh VTK binary folder like this:

mkdir test
/usr/local/bin/cmake ../VTK

And the resulting CMakeCache.txt does not contain "/usr/local/bin/cmake"
but rather "/Applications/CMake 2.6-3.app/Contents/bin/cmake" (the
destination of my symlink).

I think this is a good argument in favour of naming the thing simply
"CMake.app".

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com