[CMake] Starting with Cmake

ML mailinglists at MailNewsRSS.com
Sat Jul 11 21:04:48 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am starting with Cmake, I have looked a bit at the wiki and a few
other sites that I found.

I have a few items to help get me started:

1. Is there a doc that describes the 'bare essentials' to a CMake
file. What I absolutely need to have in the file.

2. Can I call my Cmake file anything? Or do I have to call it
CMakeLists.txt?

3. Can CMake check out code from SVN?

4. Can CMake e-mail build results to a specified e-mail address?

5. Say I have something like:
SET(SRCS file1.c file2.c file3.c)
Can I write this like:
SET(SRCS /
	file1.c /
	file2.c /
	file3.c
)

Like one file name per line like I can do in a gnu Make File?
6. In Make I would define all of my headers too, would I do the same
as #5 above? How does the my Add_Executable statement?
7. How do I tell Cmake to compile to a static library like a .a or .so
or .dll?

Thanks Everyone, I am continuing to research myself as well.
Best,
-Jason