[CMake] Howto remove artificial CMake dependencies

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Fri Jul 31 04:49:24 EDT 2009

Hi

When generating Makefiles, VS projects or Eclipse CDT projects
CMake creates artificial dependencies to CMakeLists.txt to be able to
recreate the projects
when something changes.

This is good for developers, but not so good for the users (also
developers).
We are making portable SDKs and libraries that we distribute also with
source so
that the customer is able to tune and recompile it.
So we want to create projects without this dependencies that we can ship
to the customer.
We don't want to force our customers to install CMake, what would be an
additional burden for them.
And the customers don't need to recreate this projects because they are
just using the libs.
If they really need the add new files, they would do it with their
native IDEs.

Is it possible to create projects without this dependencies to CMake?

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

*Gerhard Gappmeier*
ascolab GmbH - automation systems communication laboratory
Tel.: +49 9131 691 123
Fax: +49 9131 691 128
Web: http://www.ascolab.com
GPG-Key: http://www.ascolab.com/gpg/gg.asc

--
*ascolab GmbH*
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Gappmeier, Matthias Damm, Uwe Steinkrauß