[CMake] Concern with 2.6.3

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Mar 9 12:14:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm using QT4_WRAP_CPP (with plans to move to automoc), but that
>> "right-click, compile to run moc" is useful  (no need to close the
>> solution or reload projects) and it's what VC++ developers are used
>> to.
>>
> With CMake, you can still right click and compile, it will run the custom
> command.  You just need to find the output file in VS.

I guess you mean finding the moc_blah.cxx file in the "CMake Rules"
filter in VC++. Yes, that works.

What does not work is what I am doing: I'm listing the .h files as
source files so that they show in the VC++ project. Now, given that
header files are marked as "excluded from build", VC++ disables
right-click-and-compile for those header files.

By the way, is there any way to set an internal global variable in a
VC++ project? Currently, CMake-generated Qt projects may show a wrong
version in the property browser if the default (in the registry) Qt
version is not the same as the Qt version you told in CMake (i. e. the
qmake). What's required is adding something like this in the .vcproj :

<Globals>
<Global
Name="QtVersion"
Value="4.4.3"
/>

(where the Qt version would be what FindQt4.cmake has found)

Would something like SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES ( thetarget PROPERTIES
VS_GLOBAL "property" "value" ) be accepted if I provide a patch?

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org