[CMake] CMake, MKS and VC++

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed May 6 23:43:08 EDT 2009

You probably are missing some build flags or libraries in the CMakeLists
that are in the old build system.  Try comparing the VC projects generated
by CMake and looking at the compile & link lines vs. your other build
system.  You'll inevitably find a difference between the two if you're using
the same compiler and dependencies.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM, ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I build me code without cmake through mks on windows... it is successful..
> Now i want to build my code through cmake on mks for windows. The project
> is compiling but like other OS's it is not generating Makefile so on doing
> make it says error: Make no target...
>
> So guide me how to proceed..
>
> I also tried with VC++ directly to build the code but it seems to give lots
> of error since i feel it have problem with nutcracker which i used in code
> for windows and also i think not able to link some DLL but not sure since on
> mks i compile with one definition as -D__NUTC_DLL__ ... It is because VC++
> uses cl compiler not cxx compiler of mks..
>
> This is what i think but iam not sure of anything...
>
> You people guide the right way that helps me in building the code using
> cmake with mks through VC++...
> Also if any settings are required for VC++ tell me so that i configure that
> acc.
> I struggled a lot with VC++ for building code thorugh cmake.
>  My code is configured properly but on running it gives lots of error...
>
>  Any help in this regard really helps me a lot..
>
> Regards-
> Ankit Jain

> Powered by www.kitware.com

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ