[CMake] unable to include a source file for all sub directories

ankit jain ankitguddu at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:08:33 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/5/15
Subject: Re: [CMake] unable to include a source file for all sub directories
To: Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de>

2009/5/15 Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de>

Zitat von ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com>:

>> Now I am able to get all the source files from all the folders. but the
>> problem is that all folder source files uses one variable v1 of this
>> Ident.c
>> file..
>>
>> So the error iam getting while building the library is :
>> unresolved external symbol: v1  (iam working on windows VC++)
>>

> How exactly does this relate to CMake? As usual, you do not give enough
> information but it's clearly not a CMake issue.
> Guessing on compilers errors without context is boring and a waste of time.
>
> HS

Sorry if iam not able to state my problem clearly.
If suppose 5 files are there in  one folder and each file uses some
functions form other file in the same folder and when ur creating library
then there is no problem..

Issue is if one folder file uses another file which is in diff. folder or in
its parent folder then creating library creates problem and giving error as
unresolved symbols. since iam building through cmake and i used the already
said method of how iam adding sources for the libraries form the sub folders
i think my way of including files is somewhat wrong or iam missing somethign
duet o which those files are not able to take the support that file...

I hope i add some  clarification in this regard.

Ankit