[CMake] building plplot for compaq visual fortran

Vincenzo Urso Miano ursomiano at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:27:44 EST 2010

Hello,
as per object I am trying to do this build. It's the fist time I am
compiling some libraries.
Details:

-Windows XP
-compaq visual fortran 6.6c
-to build plplot I am using Bcc, the c++ compiler from borland (I am
not sure I should use this).
-cmake 2.8

The problem:
-the first time i click on 'configure' cmake looks for a c compiler.
Does not find it.
-I change the value of CMAKE_C_COMPILER to the path of bcc32.exe and
reclick on 'configure'

Here is the error message i get:
CMake Error: Generator: execution of make failed. Make command was:
make "cmTryCompileExec\fast"
Check for working C compiler: C:/Borland/BCC55/Bin/bcc32.exe -- broken
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:50 (MESSAGE):
 The C compiler "C:/Borland/BCC55/Bin/bcc32.exe" is not able to compile a
 simple test program.

 It fails with the following output:

  Change Dir: E:/Workspace/plplot_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

 Run Build Command:make "cmTryCompileExec\fast"

 The system cannot find the file specified

 Generator: execution of make failed.  Make command was: make
 "cmTryCompileExec\fast"

 CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 CMakeLists.txt:38 (project)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Can you please help me? I don't know how to progress from here.

Thanks

Vince