[CMake] [CTEST] No CDash submission if error at configure step

Olivier Pierard olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Mon Mar 8 05:36:08 EST 2010

Dear all,

I'm using CTest script in order to configure/build/test with CMake and
submit results to a dashboard.

I noticed that if an error occurred at configure step, the script is not
going further on but I guess it would submit the configure error message
to the dashboard, which is not the case (OK to skip build/test).  Is
that normal or a bad usage of the commands on my side ?

Called Ctest command is the following:

    SET(CTEST_COMMAND
        "${CTEST_EXE} -D NightlyStart"
        "${CTEST_EXE} -D NightlyUpdate"
        "${CTEST_EXE} -D NightlyConfigure"
        "${CTEST_EXE} -D NightlyBuild"
        "$ENV{SGE_ROOT}/bin/lx24-amd64/qsub  -sync y
    ${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/cmake/DashboardScripts/submit_ctest_nightly.job"
        "${CTEST_EXE} -D NightlySubmit -A
    ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/cmake/DashboardScripts/ernest_${CONFIG_NAME}.cmake"
        "make install"
    )

By the way, I read that there is an old and a new approach to call e.g.
build step:
- In CTEST_COMMAND, call ctest -D NightlyBuild (as above)
- Call 'ctest_build' command
Which one should I use ?

Thanks for your help,

Olivier