[CMake] QTCreator project to VS2008 problems

Oli Glaser oli at glasers.org
Fri Mar 19 09:21:35 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] QTCreator project to VS2008 problems

>> Thanks for the reply - I added mainwindow.h to the automoc but I get the
>> same thing - I thought it might be the QMetaobject header or library it
>> was
>> looking for, looking at the the error messages, but I checked and the
>> header
>> is there, and the search paths are correct. I built the QTProject with a
>> mingw compiled version of QTCreator - this wouldn't matter would it?
>>

> No part of Qt or any other library can be built with a different
> compiler for this to work. You must build all code with the same
> compiler (even service packs can cause problems).
>
> John

I may have worded that badly, so just to clarify - the QT I am using to
create the VS2008 project (the one used with cmake) was compiled with
VS2008, it's just the original code that was created in a mingw compiled
QTCreator. I thought the point of cmake is to enable porting code from one
platform to another - or have I misunderstood completely?

Oli