[CMake] Project Folders in Visual Studio

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 21:30:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM,  <Aaron_Wright at selinc.com> wrote:
>> I know this has been asked before but I don't think it got an answer. I have
>> a situation where I have over 200 projects in Visual Studio with no
>> organization. Is there anyway to put them under folders? It would really
>> save me some headaches. Thanks.
>
> I'm not sure what you are looking for, actually,
>
> If you want each project to be in a different folder, CMake creates a
> different project (thus a folder) each time you use
> add_library/add_executable.
>
> If you are looking to further split the sources in a project, take a
> look at source_group.

I did check source_group, and that will help with a couple of these
larger libraries to restore their per-project organization for visual
studio, but, I'm understanding that there is no PROJECT_GROUP sort of
mechanism for building solution folders?  (for VS2005+)