[CMake] Has anybody tried to use CMake to build software on the MinGW/MSYS/Wine platform?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Mar 29 14:27:17 EDT 2010

Wine (winehq.com) is free (in both senses) software that provides a Windows
work-alike that appears (from news stories, I have no personal experience
yet) to be fairly mature.

Thus, I was wondering whether anybody here had tried MinGW/MSYS/Wine as a
platform for building software with CMake?  Note, I am not discussing a
MinGW cross-compile possibility.  Instead, I am discussing running
MinGW/MSYS and CMake directly under Wine.

Currently my only platform is Linux, and I have no practical experience with
the Windows platform (either Wine or proprietary versions) at this stage.
Nevertheless, if the MinGW/MSYS/Wine platform choice is known to work with
CMake, that would motivate me to learn enough about using Windows so that I
could use MinGW/MSYS/Wine on CMake myself.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).