[CMake] How to create a 64-bit Windows build of cmake?

John R. Cary cary at txcorp.com
Mon Aug 1 22:02:51 EDT 2011

On 8/1/11 7:04 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM, John R. Cary<cary at txcorp.com>  wrote:
>> I believe I have followed what I have found on the web for
>> building a Win64 version of CMake.  I have downloaded the
>> win32 version and used it to configure the cmake source.
>> I used the Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64 generator.
>>
> Last Friday I pulled in the cmake-git configured for 64 bit Visual
> Studio 2010 and generated.

Thanks!  I will try.  I found http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake/Git.
So then I did:

git clone git://cmake.org/cmake.git CMake
cd CMake
git checkout -b release origin/release

Where do I find "the cmake-git configured for 64 bit Visual
Studio 2010"?

> Opened the project it generated and built
> release. Then I built the package target and installed the package and
> I had a 64 bit version of cmake. Although with this said I have yet to
> see a reason to need CMake to be 64 bit except for the install
> location being Program Files instead of Program Files (x86).

The only thing I see is the loading of dll's.

Thx.   John Cary