[CMake] masm & msvc

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 17:00:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Monday 15 August 2011, Micha Renner wrote:
> This script...
>
> # Copy & paste from CMake Wiki
> # Works only if CMake runs in the Visual Studio DOS Window
> SET(MASMFound FALSE)
> # test whether it is a x86 machine and masm is available
> IF("${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR}" MATCHES "x86")
> 	ENABLE_LANGUAGE(ASM_MASM)
> 	IF(CMAKE_ASM_MASM_COMPILER_WORKS)
> 		SET(MASMFound TRUE)
> 	ENDIF(CMAKE_ASM_MASM_COMPILER_WORKS)
> ENDIF("${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR}" MATCHES "x86")
> # no assembler found
> IF(NOT MASMFound)
> 	MESSAGE(STATUS NOT)
> ENDIF(NOT MASMFound)
>
> ...generates still the message:
> The ASM_MASM compiler identification is unknown <----------------------!
> Found assembler: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
> 10.0/VC/bin/ml.exe

How does your CMakeLists.txt look like ?
Please create an entry in the cmake bug tracker at
http://public.kitware.com/Bug
Please try to create a small example which you can attach there which
reproduces the problem.
Which version of cmake are you using ?
Which generator ?
ASM is currently only supported for the makefile-based generators, some
special support still has to be added for VisualStudio, I don't know about
Xcode.

Alex