[CMake] CVS -N option, unable to update code in continuous/nightly builds

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Wed Aug 31 04:27:35 EDT 2011

Hello all

When I try to send a continuous or nighly build to the Dashboard (from
inside the Visual Studio IDE for instance) i get the following message:

*1>------ Build started: Project: Continuous, Configuration: Release Win32
------*
*1>   Site: FRINK*
*1>   Build name: SegmentationLib.sta.Win32-vs9-Release*
*1>Create new tag: 20110831-0827 - Continuous*
*1>   Updating the repository:
C:/work/projects/ALMA_Segmentation/SegmentationLib*
*1>   Use CVS repository type*
*1>   Gathering version information (one . per updated file):*
*1>    *
*1>   Update command failed: "C:/Program Files (x86)/CVSNT/cvs.exe" "-z3"
"update" "-d" "-A" "-P"*
*1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\work\projects-bin\ALMA_Segmentation\SegmentationLib\static\VC9-Release\Continuous.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
*
*1>Continuous - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)*
*========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
*
*
*
As you can see, the CVS update steps fails. This happens to Nightly builds
as well. Cmake is aware of the correct source directory (
C:/work/projects/ALMA_Segmentation/SegmentationLib) but the update fails.
I have a correct CVSROOT environment variable. In fact if I manually go to
the source directory and type "cvs -N update" in the command prompt, the
projects updates correctly.

Notice that in order to the cvs to update, I have to add the "-N" option
before the update command because we have our repository in a network shared
disk (we know it's not recommended).
In Cmake-gui i I have seen the "CVS_UPDATE_OPTIONS" but so far I dont know
where to instruct CMAKE to add a -N before the update (somewhere, the "-z3"
options is being added but I dont know where is this option being added to
the cvs command)

Any idea where I can add the -N option?

thanks

--