[CMake] How to "install" then "test"?

Denis Scherbakov denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 14:01:12 EST 2011

Dear All!

Maybe someone can help me: I have a project, we compile binaries and then
using various INSTALL directives finish the job by copying files where they
belong: to "bin", "man", "libexec", etc. The point is, we need to run executables after they got installed into this tree, because otherwise
they won't find all auxiliary files during runtime.

So I am really missing the point here: how to install files (to a temporary
directory, for example) and then run various tests? Maybe someone has ideas...

Sincerely,
Denis