[CMake] Interrupt problems in cmake-gui

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 10:58:02 EST 2011

I have a foreach/while loop that checks if files exist. The files it is
checking are on a Windows network share. So, each check takes a while.
Sometimes after I click "Configure" in cmake-gui.exe, I want to click
"Stop" during this check. However, the stop does not seem to interrupt the
loop. I know this because let's say the whole loop takes 20 seconds to
complete. If I let the loop run without clicking stop, it takes 20 seconds.
If I click stop at about 10 seconds, then 10 seconds later it stops. In
other words, clicking stop does not take affect until 20 seconds have
passed anyway. So it obviously isn't stopping it. My loops basically look
like this:

while()
   foreach()
      if( EXISTS )
      endif()
   endforeach()
endwhile()

If I am checking 20 files, each check takes about 1 second to equal a total
time of 20 seconds. So, at most, after clicking stop, there should be a 1
second wait time.

Can anyone verify that while/foreach loops can or cannot be interrupted by
cmake-gui?

---------
Robert Dailey