[CMake] Upcoming "What's New in CMake 2.8.7" webinar

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Dec 30 16:41:27 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Alexander Neundorf
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>> On Wednesday 21 December 2011, David Cole wrote:
>>> The CMake team is hard at work on the 2.8.7 release - we
>>> announced<http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/208> CMake
>>> 2.8.7 rc1 on December 8th, and we expect to release the final version by
>>> the end of the year. Want to learn more? Then please join us on
>>> January 4th from
>>> 12:00-12:20 p.m. EST, when I will be presenting a free webinar highlighting
>>> what’s new in the CMake 2.8.7 release and giving a preview of what’s in the
>>> pipeline. You'll also get a chance to ask the CMake team any questions you
>>> may have on this release in particular or CMake in general. You can
>>> register for this event through
>>> GoToWebinar<https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/152723134>
>>> .
>>> <https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/152723134>
>>> Please note that you'll need to attend this webinar from a Windows or Mac
>>> computer - GoToWebinar does not yet support Linux.
>>
>> Are there plans for GoToWebinar to support also Linux ?
>> It's really a pity that also the other webinars by Kitware exclude Linux :-/
>>
> Agreed, I can't view them on my desktop. I have access to those other
> platforms on secondary machines at least, but it would be great to
> allow viewing of our webinars on the platforms we are targeting. Are
> there any good alternatives you know of Alex?
>
> Marcus
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com

Katie, from our communications group, contacted the GoToWebinar folks
and got this response:
"We do not currently have plans to support Linux OS. I can send a
suggestion to our developers on your behalf, so they can consider it
for future updates."

And then directly from Katie:
"I realize it's terribly annoying, but we haven't found a better
webinar-hosting option yet, though we'd be open to suggestions."

So there you have it. No Windows+Mac+Linux solution is known at this
point, at any price, let alone a reasonable price, but we are open to
suggestions if somebody knows of an existing option.

Thx,
David