[CMake] Installing Python Modules with CMake

Todd Gamblin tgamblin at llnl.gov
Mon Jan 3 03:11:15 EST 2011

Is there some standard way in CMake to get a project-local install destination for python libraries, e.g.:

	${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/python2.6/site-packages

Is this something find modules typically provide?  I can construct this name easily enough myself, but it involves querying the python executable for its version then regexing that string, and I feel like FindPythonLibs should do stuff like that for me.  It would be nice to have something called, say, "CMAKE_PYTHON_INSTALL_PREFIX" set to this path in advance, so that I can just install python modules there.

Or am I missing something?  I couldn't fund much on installing python files in the docs.

-Todd