[CMake] Express Edition

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon May 16 17:42:27 EDT 2011

There is no quick & clean way to detect the various Express Editions of
Visual Studio.

That's why we have code like this in the source tree for CMake itself:

  # Provide a way for Visual Studio Express users to turn OFF the new FOLDER
  # organization feature. Default to ON for non-Express users. Express users
must
  # explicitly turn off this option to build CMake in the Express IDE...
  #
  OPTION(CMAKE_USE_FOLDERS "Enable folder grouping of projects in IDEs." ON)
  MARK_AS_ADVANCED(CMAKE_USE_FOLDERS)

HTH,
David