[CMake] cpack and paths too long

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:57:29 EDT 2012

We are trying to make cmake work with our projects, and all the targets
work fine.

The problem is that on some projects cpack -G NSIS fails because when it
tries to copy
files around it generates paths too long.

I found that CMake is able to handle these situations in theory with a
checksum of the path,
but it seems that it's not doing it in this case.

The structure is the following, where long/path/cmakelist.txt includes
the other/long/cmakelist.txt file, and all it's needed for the
installer is in long/path/result_to_install.

- long/path/cmakelist.txt
- long/path/result_to_install/
- other/long/path/cmakelist.txt

Any suggestions?