[CMake] How to force CMake install / CPack to create an empty directory.

Vladimir Jaksic vladimir.jaksic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:10:36 EST 2012

Hello,

For the purposes of my project i need to create multiple empty
directories where my exectuable is located, and I would like to
include these directories in the .zip file. I have tried the
following:

------------------
INSTALL(TARGETS myproject DESTINATION .)

INSTALL(DIRECTORY DESTINATION directory) - nothing happends

SET(CPACK_GENERATOR "ZIP")

INCLUDE(CPack)

but i cannot stick the empty directory inside, only way around i found
was creating a dummy file. Is there any other way to to do this?
Instruction here
http://www.lcfg.org/doc/buildtools/cmake_recipes.html
says to do exactly what i did, but it still did not work, has this
changed in newer cmake versions?
Is it still possible to do it?

Thank you for your help

Vlado