[CMake] RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY and Visual Studio Express

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:39:00 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Clifford Yapp <cliffyapp at gmail.com> wrote:

Ah hah!  That was it - we're not just overriding
CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY, but
CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG> variables too.  Consequently,
we need to locally define not just RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY but also
RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG> target properties.

Doing so got the desired result:

Generating Code...
   Creating library C:/Users/User/brlcad/brlcad-build/lib/regex.lib
and object C:/Users/User/brlcad/brlcad-build/lib/regex.exp
regex.vcxproj -> C:\Users\User\brlcad\brlcad-build\lib\regex.dll

Sorry for the noise - thanks!

Cheers,
CY