[CMake] Overriding the toplevel directory name in a TGZ package?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:44:30 EDT 2012

2012/5/23 Clifford Yapp <cliffyapp at gmail.com>:
> The CPack tool provides a variable CMAKE_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY
> option to control whether to set a toplevel directory in (say) a
> tar.gz archive, but so far I have not been able to figure out if there
> is a way to change this directory name to something not directly based
> on the file name.  Trying to override CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY doesn't
> seem to work.

CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY is internal to CPack thus Read-Only.

> Is there any way to get a tar.gz archive named (say)
> NEW_PROJECT-3.1.1.tar.gz that unpacks into a toplevel directory simply
> called PROJECT?

Theoretically yes, using the variable:
CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY

This works with NSIS, but not with archive generator:
There are 2 bugs pending for that:

Woud you be willing to resume the work of the patch proposed in (see
my comments too):

Erk
http://www.le-message.org