[CMake] InstallRequiredSystemLibraries + openmp probable bug

Carlo Nicolini carlo.nicolini at iit.it
Tue Sep 11 07:42:38 EDT 2012

I've found that the

include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)

has a flaw, at least with my CMake 2.8.7, Visual Studio 2008 (msvc9)  +
Windows 7 box.

When I install the CMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS with my CMake script,
if OpenMP is found, no vcomp90.dll is added to the needed runtime
libraries, it's simply ignored, so I had to specify it brute-force with:

if (OPENMP_FOUND)
    install(FILES "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/redist/x86/Microsoft.VC90.OPENMP/vcomp90.dll" DESTINATION bin
COMPONENT Libraries)
    install(FILES "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0/VC/redist/x86/Microsoft.VC90.OPENMP/Microsoft.VC90.OpenMP.manifest"
DESTINATION bin COMPONENT Libraries)
endif(OPENMP_FOUND)

This is the only way I found to redistribute the necessary msvcp90.dll,
msvcr90.dll msvcm90.dll otherwise I'll always get the side-by-side
configuration is incorrect