[CMake] Per-target include dirs that work in both 2.8.7 and 2.8.10.2?

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Thu Feb 28 15:19:48 EST 2013

Hi Magnus,

As already mentioned, the target property INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES has been
introduced in CMake 2.8.8. The following page is useful to find out such
things. See
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix/Properties#Properties_on_Targets

To get around it, as mentioned by Bill, you could probably create on folder
per target and call include_directories() in each folder.

An other option could be to create a wrapper around the "add_target"
command that would create a directory, write a CMakeLists and then call
add_subdirectory(/path/to/project-build/target target).

Hth
Jc

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>wrote:

> The other day I was putting together some cmake files and made them
> work on my system, where I have version 2.8.10.2 installed.  After
> giving my work to a colleague he reported that it didn't work.  It
> came down to him using version 2.8.7 (comes with his Linux distro) and
> my use of
>
> ~~~~
> set_property( TARGET app PROPERTY INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
>     )
> ~~~~
>
> In the folder in question there is source for several different
> targets, so I'd really like to use per-target include dirs (i.e.
> include_directories would not be a good match).  Is there a mechanism
> for (easily) getting per-target include dirs that work in both these
> versions?
>
> /M
>
> --
> Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
> email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org
> twitter: magthe               http://therning.org/magnus
> --
>
> Powered by www.kitware.com