[CMake] random BAD_COMMAND error on ctest

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 02:20:56 EST 2013

Andre please do not drop the ML address.

2013/1/9 BILODEAU Andre <andre.bilodeau at safran-engineering.com>:
> New test:
> I just replaced my test driver by a simple stub, which is run for each of the tests from test_01 to test_17:
>
> #!/bin/ksh
> exit 0
>
> All the tests run without error.
>
> That seems strange because the test driver that the stub replaces works well on autotools or in stand-alone mode, either under cygwin or Mac OS X. The real test driver activate programs, reads and writes files etc., but cmake should only "see" that it exits with status 0.

Yes this weird but this may be some time dependent race,
may be you can try to put a 'sleep' in the previous stub.
Moreover from your report and the message from Allen
it reallly seems to be a cygwin specific issue.

May be if one of you can craft a repeatable testcase
which exhibit the issue it would be nice to file this
to the bug tracker.

I won't be able to help you for that since I'm no cygwin user and I
have no time to work on this.

Good luck though.
--
Erk