[CMake] Building multiple binaries from same source into one package

Thomas Nilsson thomas.nilsson at responsive.se
Tue Jan 15 07:10:30 EST 2013

I'm looking for some pointers on how to go about to build multiple binaries (libraries for C, C++ C++11 e.g.) and then package them into a single package.

Currently I'm using multiple out-of-source build directories (one for each "platform") which works ok for build and test purposes (Makefile which loops over all build directories...).  But when it comes to packaging it necessarily creates separate packages. Of course it would be possible to script a merge of them, but that feels.. well, cumbersome.

Any suggestions? Is there something I'm missing? I'm fairly new to CMake.

Thomas Nilsson
thomas.nilsson at responsive.se
Program Chair DevLin2013