<div dir="ltr">If it's opensuse then <div><br></div><div style>sudo zypper install cmake</div><div style><br></div><div style>should do it, assuming you have the necessary permissions on your system. If not, then Radovan's suggestion is probably your best bet, unless you want to learn how to build it from scratch.</div>
</div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">2013/6/11 setareh S <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>></span><br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<div dir="ltr"><div>Alain,</div><div> </div><div>typing uname -a doesn't give me any further info.</div><div>this is what I get:</div><div>2.6.32.12-0.7-default #1 SMP 2010-05-20 11:14:20 +0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux</div>
<div>The other command only results ina bash error.</div><div> </div><div>I asked a senior colleague and he told me the linux distribution on our PCs at work is definitely one belonging to OpenSuse..</div><div> </div><div>
Radovan,</div><div> </div><div>Thank you for informing me.</div><div>I would also give it a go if I cannot find any x86-64 Linux specific distribution of CMake.</div><div> </div><div>Best,</div><div>Setareh</div><div> </div>
<div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM, <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:cmake-request@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake-request@cmake.org</a>></span> wrote:<br><blockquote style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid" class="gmail_quote">
Send CMake mailing list submissions to<br>
<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a><br>
<br>
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>
<a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>
<a href="mailto:cmake-request@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake-request@cmake.org</a><br>
<br>
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>
<a href="mailto:cmake-owner@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake-owner@cmake.org</a><br>
<br>
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>
than "Re: Contents of CMake digest..."<br>
<br>
<br>
Today's Topics:<br>
<br>
1. CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform (setareh S)<br>
2. Re: CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
(Alain Leblanc)<br>
3. Re: CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform (setareh S)<br>
4. Re: CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
(Alain Leblanc)<br>
5. Re: CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
(Radovan Bast)<br>
<br>
<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:42:46 +0200<br>
From: setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
Subject: [CMake] CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
To: <a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a><br>
Message-ID:<br>
<<a href="mailto:CAPc6Kwr4QVosEsO111Cb6DKBD8-4qFMmen0hg2Y0TVC9d6tRug@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">CAPc6Kwr4QVosEsO111Cb6DKBD8-4qFMmen0hg2Y0TVC9d6tRug@mail.gmail.com</a>><br>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"<br>
<br>
Dear CMake users,<br>
<br>
what version of CMake binary distribution file from the CMake download page<br>
should I use to install CMake on a Linux x86-64 platfrom machine? I don't<br>
see any binary distribution for x86-64 there.<br>
<br>
Thank you.<br>
Setareh<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: <<a href="http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/83107fe2/attachment-0001.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/83107fe2/attachment-0001.htm</a>><br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 2<br>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:53:37 -0400<br>
From: Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>><br>
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
To: setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
Cc: "<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>" <<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>><br>
Message-ID:<br>
<<a href="mailto:CAHoWLqbxEqay9A6jZeoh8P--eTYjqWQfNzuEKfArqWt0NYkwBA@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">CAHoWLqbxEqay9A6jZeoh8P--eTYjqWQfNzuEKfArqWt0NYkwBA@mail.gmail.com</a>><br>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"<br>
<br>
Most linux distros will provide a cmake package. I don't know which<br>
platform you're using, but on opensuse, for instance, you only need to type<br>
<br>
sudo zypper install cmake<br>
<br>
on ubuntu, it would be ( I think)<br>
<br>
sudo apt-get install cmake<br>
<br>
and so on.<br>
<br>
a<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
<br>
> Dear CMake users,<br>
><br>
> what version of CMake binary distribution file from the CMake download<br>
> page should I use to install CMake on a Linux x86-64 platfrom machine? I<br>
> don't see any binary distribution for x86-64 there.<br>
><br>
> Thank you.<br>
> Setareh<br>
><br>
> --<br>
><br>
> Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
><br>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
> <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
><br>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
><br>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
><br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: <<a href="http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/735bdecc/attachment-0001.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/735bdecc/attachment-0001.htm</a>><br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 3<br>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:10:23 +0200<br>
From: setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
To: Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>><br>
Cc: "<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>" <<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>><br>
Message-ID:<br>
<<a href="mailto:CAPc6KwpJnH3g8KzNf%2Byi0LhakQZY1_ees_%2BKrVeokAcQrEpbPg@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">CAPc6KwpJnH3g8KzNf+yi0LhakQZY1_ees_+KrVeokAcQrEpbPg@mail.gmail.com</a>><br>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"<br>
<br>
Thanks Alain.<br>
<br>
I checked my system and I get something like: GNU/Linux (Kernel: Linux,<br>
Kernel release: 2.6.32.12-0.7)on a x84-64 machine with GNOME gnome-panel<br>
2.28.0 desktop.<br>
Any ideas?<br>
<br>
<br>
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<br>
> Most linux distros will provide a cmake package. I don't know which<br>
> platform you're using, but on opensuse, for instance, you only need to type<br>
><br>
> sudo zypper install cmake<br>
><br>
> on ubuntu, it would be ( I think)<br>
><br>
> sudo apt-get install cmake<br>
><br>
> and so on.<br>
><br>
> a<br>
><br>
><br>
><br>
> 2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
><br>
>> Dear CMake users,<br>
>><br>
>> what version of CMake binary distribution file from the CMake download<br>
>> page should I use to install CMake on a Linux x86-64 platfrom machine? I<br>
>> don't see any binary distribution for x86-64 there.<br>
>><br>
>> Thank you.<br>
>> Setareh<br>
>><br>
>> --<br>
>><br>
>> Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
>><br>
>> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
>> <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
>><br>
>> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
>><br>
>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
>><br>
><br>
><br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: <<a href="http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/bd26bb18/attachment-0001.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/bd26bb18/attachment-0001.htm</a>><br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 4<br>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:26:04 -0400<br>
From: Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>><br>
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
To: setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
Cc: "<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>" <<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>><br>
Message-ID:<br>
<CAHoWLqbZ==_cKBj_gQ797go6PkZfdjxEdZJ_qdwvT=<a href="mailto:tNe7OKMg@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">tNe7OKMg@mail.gmail.com</a>><br>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"<br>
<br>
Which distribution? Probably one of opensuse, fedora, ubuntu, mint, arch,<br>
...<br>
<br>
On some systems typing<br>
<br>
cat /proc/version<br>
<br>
or<br>
<br>
uname -a<br>
<br>
will give you this information<br>
<br>
<br>
2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
<br>
> Thanks Alain.<br>
><br>
> I checked my system and I get something like: GNU/Linux (Kernel: Linux,<br>
> Kernel release: 2.6.32.12-0.7)on a x84-64 machine with GNOME gnome-panel<br>
> 2.28.0 desktop.<br>
> Any ideas?<br>
><br>
><br>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
><br>
>> Most linux distros will provide a cmake package. I don't know which<br>
>> platform you're using, but on opensuse, for instance, you only need to type<br>
>><br>
>> sudo zypper install cmake<br>
>><br>
>> on ubuntu, it would be ( I think)<br>
>><br>
>> sudo apt-get install cmake<br>
>><br>
>> and so on.<br>
>><br>
>> a<br>
>><br>
>><br>
>><br>
>> 2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
>><br>
>>> Dear CMake users,<br>
>>><br>
>>> what version of CMake binary distribution file from the CMake download<br>
>>> page should I use to install CMake on a Linux x86-64 platfrom machine? I<br>
>>> don't see any binary distribution for x86-64 there.<br>
>>><br>
>>> Thank you.<br>
>>> Setareh<br>
>>><br>
>>> --<br>
>>><br>
>>> Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
>>><br>
>>> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
>>> <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
>>><br>
>>> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
>>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
>>><br>
>>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
>>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
>>><br>
>><br>
>><br>
><br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: <<a href="http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/a9465778/attachment-0001.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/a9465778/attachment-0001.htm</a>><br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 5<br>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 17:34:01 +0200<br>
From: Radovan Bast <<a href="mailto:radovan.bast@gmail.com" target="_blank">radovan.bast@gmail.com</a>><br>
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake Download Version for Linux x86-64 platform<br>
To: Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>><br>
Cc: setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>>, "<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>"<br>
<<a href="mailto:cmake@cmake.org" target="_blank">cmake@cmake.org</a>><br>
Message-ID:<br>
<<a href="mailto:CAKb_3mq%2Ba4dS72HapNjo6F6-PYvMT%2BmukxvEnEHbbjFzoqAAwg@mail.gmail.com" target="_blank">CAKb_3mq+a4dS72HapNjo6F6-PYvMT+mukxvEnEHbbjFzoqAAwg@mail.gmail.com</a>><br>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"<br>
<br>
hi,<br>
what i did very often was to extract the "Linux i386" binary distribution<br>
on a x86-64 platfrom and i never had problems with it.<br>
good luck,<br>
radovan<br>
<br>
<br>
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<br>
> Which distribution? Probably one of opensuse, fedora, ubuntu, mint, arch,<br>
> ...<br>
><br>
> On some systems typing<br>
><br>
> cat /proc/version<br>
><br>
> or<br>
><br>
> uname -a<br>
><br>
> will give you this information<br>
><br>
><br>
> 2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
><br>
>> Thanks Alain.<br>
>><br>
>> I checked my system and I get something like: GNU/Linux (Kernel: Linux,<br>
>> Kernel release: 2.6.32.12-0.7)on a x84-64 machine with GNOME gnome-panel<br>
>> 2.28.0 desktop.<br>
>> Any ideas?<br>
>><br>
>><br>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Alain Leblanc <<a href="mailto:aalebl@gmail.com" target="_blank">aalebl@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
>><br>
>>> Most linux distros will provide a cmake package. I don't know which<br>
>>> platform you're using, but on opensuse, for instance, you only need to type<br>
>>><br>
>>> sudo zypper install cmake<br>
>>><br>
>>> on ubuntu, it would be ( I think)<br>
>>><br>
>>> sudo apt-get install cmake<br>
>>><br>
>>> and so on.<br>
>>><br>
>>> a<br>
>>><br>
>>><br>
>>><br>
>>> 2013/6/11 setareh S <<a href="mailto:setareh.s1984@gmail.com" target="_blank">setareh.s1984@gmail.com</a>><br>
>>><br>
>>>> Dear CMake users,<br>
>>>><br>
>>>> what version of CMake binary distribution file from the CMake download<br>
>>>> page should I use to install CMake on a Linux x86-64 platfrom machine? I<br>
>>>> don't see any binary distribution for x86-64 there.<br>
>>>><br>
>>>> Thank you.<br>
>>>> Setareh<br>
>>>><br>
>>>> --<br>
>>>><br>
>>>> Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
>>>><br>
>>>> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
>>>> <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
>>>><br>
>>>> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
>>>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
>>>><br>
>>>> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
>>>> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
>>>><br>
>>><br>
>>><br>
>><br>
><br>
> --<br>
><br>
> Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
><br>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at<br>
> <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
><br>
> Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at:<br>
> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ</a><br>
><br>
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
> <a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
><br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: <<a href="http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/ef302ed3/attachment.htm" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/attachments/20130611/ef302ed3/attachment.htm</a>><br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
CMake mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:CMake@cmake.org" target="_blank">CMake@cmake.org</a><br>
<a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake</a><br>
<br>
End of CMake Digest, Vol 110, Issue 17<br>
**************************************<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div></div>
</blockquote></div><br></div>