<div dir="ltr"><div>> It explains, why the library names are cutted, <br></div><div><br></div><div>Why? Everything that can be found automatically by the compiler is transformed from</div><div><br></div><div>/path/to/libmylib.a</div>
<div><br></div><div>to</div><div><br></div><div>(-Wl,-Bstatic) -lmylib (-Wl,-Bdynamic) </div><div>?</div><div>That's what I would like to avoid (the -Wl add-ons anyway).</div><div><br></div><div>About "choosing" static vs. dynamic, I found <a href="http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#prop_tgt:LINK_SEARCH_END_STATIC">http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#prop_tgt:LINK_SEARCH_END_STATIC</a> -- no idea if this is still up-to-date. It doesn't help me much anyways since this is a fixed property of the target.</div>
<div><br></div><div>--Nico</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Andreas Naumann <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:Andreas-Naumann@gmx.net" target="_blank">Andreas-Naumann@gmx.net</a>></span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">It explains, why the library names are cutted, but it does not explain, why cmake sometimes chooses static and sometimes dynamic libaries. It should consequently set static for each library in the given list.<span class=""><font color="#888888"><br>
<br>
Andreas</font></span><div class=""><div class="h5"><br>
<br>
On 21.06.2013 20:34, Nico Schlömer wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">
That's true indeed: The compiler is able to find netcdf by itself. Something like<br>
<br>
$ cc test.o -lnetcdf<br>
<br>
doesn't fail on the machine that I'm working on. I don't understand why it would do the translation there though.<br>
<br>
--Nico<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br></div></div><div class=""><div class="h5">
--<br>
<br>
Powered by <a href="http://www.kitware.com" target="_blank">www.kitware.com</a><br>
<br>
Visit other Kitware open-source projects at <a href="http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html" target="_blank">http://www.kitware.com/<u></u>opensource/opensource.html</a><br>
<br>
Please keep messages on-topic and check the CMake FAQ at: <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/<u></u>CMake_FAQ</a><br>
<br>
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:<br>
<a href="http://www.cmake.org/mailman/listinfo/cmake" target="_blank">http://www.cmake.org/mailman/<u></u>listinfo/cmake</a><br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div></div>