<div dir="ltr">Hi Eric,<div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Eric Noulard <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:eric.noulard@gmail.com" target="_blank">eric.noulard@gmail.com</a>></span> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">2013/9/13 Andreas Pakulat <<a href="mailto:apaku@gmx.de">apaku@gmx.de</a>>:<br>
<div><div class="h5">> Hi,<br>
><br>
> I'm having a bit of an issue with the behaviour of the TGZ generator and<br>
> componentized packagings. The generation of the packages for the various<br>
> components works just fine, but unfortunately the contents are not as I'd<br>
> like them to be.<br>
><br>
> It seems like the TGZ generator drops the 'common' prefix from the packages,<br>
> i.e. my packages have<br>
><br>
> bin/foobar<br>
> lib/libfoobar.so<br>
><br>
> in them, instead of<br>
><br>
> mypackage-1.0.0-Linux32/bin/foobar<br>
> mypackage-1.0.0-Linux32/lib/libfoobar.so<br>
><br>
> This is quite annoying extacting the packages pollutes a users system in a<br>
> way that makes it hard to remove the stuff again. Its also different from<br>
> the behaviour when disabling componentized packaging, there TGZ adds the<br>
> prefix just fine.<br>
><br>
> I've tried avoiding this with CPACK_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORIES set to 1,<br>
> but that seems to make no difference. Am I overlooking something in the docs<br>
> of CMake/CPack that can be tuned to get the behaviour that I want?<br>
<br>
</div></div>Yes there is:CPACK_COMPONENT_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY<br>
<br>
cpack --help-variable CPACK_COMPONENT_INCLUDE_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>Ah, thanks a lot, that does work. <br></div><div><br></div><div>I should've considered the builtin docs of course. Unfortunately I only checked <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack</a> and <a href="http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackConfiguration">http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackConfiguration</a>..</div>
<div><br></div><div>Andreas</div></div></div></div>