<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Hi all,</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">We have a 3rd-party project that builds
on multiple OSes via CMake, with one of them being VxWorks using a custom
toolchain (fairly specific to our platform/tools). This project consists
of multiple shared libraries with a fairly complex hierarchy,</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">All of this was working just fine until
this project was updated to include a few static libraries as well. The
issue I am running into is that VxWorks doesn't really have a concept of
DLLs linking to each other, so our toolchain file currently neglects to
bother passing &lt;LINK_LIBRARIES&gt; into the linker command line. However,
now that we have static libraries, it suddenly needs to do this, since
&lt;LINK_LIBRARIES&gt; includes both static and shared libraries (although
these can be differentiated via extension).</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Basically, I need to filter our &lt;LINK_LIBRARIES&gt;
to only include static libs but not shared libraries. I can't really modify
the dependencies at the outer layer to just remove non-static dependencies,
because this removes the build-order-dependency information that CMake
needs (some components generate files needed by others to build).</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">What is confusing me is that the syntax
for creating toolchain command lines is &quot;special&quot; with variables
in angle brackets and I'm not sure how best to do this. Our toolchain file
looks something like this:</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; set(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &quot;&lt;CMAKE_C_COMPILER&gt;
&lt;OBJECTS&gt; -o &lt;TARGET&gt; ...</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">and I need it to look something like
this:</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; set(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_SHARED_LIBRARY</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &quot;&lt;CMAKE_C_COMPILER&gt;
&lt;OBJECTS&gt; <b>&lt;LINK_STATIC_LIBRARIES&gt;</b> -o &lt;TARGET&gt;
...</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Can anyone give me some advice on how
to create this &quot;LINK_STATIC_LIBRARIES&quot; behavior (versus &quot;LINK_LIBRARIES&quot;)
?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks,<br>
Eric Gross</font>