<div dir="ltr"><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">Hi,</div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">
<br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">I've been working with CPack for about two weeks now and am having a hard time finding answers for some of my questions. I'm trying to use CMake to generate an installer via PackageMaker on OS X. So far, I've got it creating a valid installer that installs the app in the specified path. What I'm concerned about is that the installed application doesn't seem to be relocatable – every time I try to move the application after install, OS X will either create a shortcut to the current application or create a duplicate. Is there a way to specify an installation path, but also allow for it to be relocatable? </div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">After reading this article, I made sure to use the CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX instead of the DESTDIR setting:</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><a href="https://github.com/mgalloy/cpack-cheatsheets/blob/master/cpack-variables.rst">https://github.com/mgalloy/cpack-cheatsheets/blob/master/cpack-variables.rst</a> </div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">And I also have the flag CPACK_PACKAGE_RELOCATABLE set to true. Can anyone tell me the right way to allow for a relocatable app?</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">If this is indeed possible, my next question is in the following scenario:</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">Let's say you have an application already installed on a computer. And you're given a new installer that has some updates to the old application. The only catch is that the application is installed in a different location than what is specified in the current installer's installation path. Is there a flag to set in CMake that tells the resulted installer to look for any previous installs and to install in the found location(s)? </div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">Cheers,</div>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto"><br></div><div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,sans-serif;font-size:14px;text-align:-webkit-auto">Brigit</div>
</div>