[CMake] Bugtracker + CDash

Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com
Fri Sep 12 10:22:42 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Dave Cole wrote:
> There's a cdash mailing list, too:

Yes I have seen that.
But when I click on the link (http://www.cdash.org/pipermail/cdash/), I get a 404 :(.
So I thought that this list is not working correct.
But I will subscribe to it and do fup on that list.

Dave Cole wrote:
> What do you mean by "connect" -- there is a link from a
> project's CDash page to its bug tracker. Did you need more
> connection than that?

Maybe you have got an bug or feature request in your bug tracker. This feature or bug gets there an unique id. Normally you can specify how you will implement this. And for a correct workflow you have got to specify a test for the new feature or for the bugfix.
After that you normally implement the bugfix and write a test to verfiy that the bug is solved. Maybe this solved bug is also a good test case. Then the test will be run during a nightly build.

So what I want is that the bugfix and the test is connected to the unique id that somebody can follow up if the test does not solve the problem or you can verify that the bug or the feature was correct solved.

Greetings

Alexander