[CMake] Proper way to set a binary folder inside of the "Debug" folder for Visual Studio

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Mar 18 16:39:32 EDT 2010

I am working on some CMake Code where I would like some libraries to
be placed inside a "plugins" folder in the following path:

${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin/plugins.

Works fine with Makefiles. Problem is on Visual Studio. I get my
executables in ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin/Debug/myexe.exe
 but the plugins get put in
${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin/plugins/myplugin.dll

Working through this in my head I know this is a "Compile" time
problem and probably can't be solved at "CMake" time because cmake has
no idea what configuration I am going to build my app in. Would a post
build step be required for this or something else?
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net